Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Beyblades

So throughout the past week the concept of beyblades kept popping up
like one time i went to a friend's house to watch TV and play video games and i realized: 'hey, YTV has a new beyblade series now...and ew the main character looks ugly D:' (and i wouldn't have known that on my own since i don't have cable ; _ ;)
so anyways,
it came up AGAIN when i visited another friend, and her little brother showed me his beyblades and i was liek: 'OMFG BEYBLADES I REMEMBER THOSE'
and then again when i went to pacific mall and saw a couple stores selling beyblades but feeling dejected after seeing how over priced they were ; _ ;
back in the day, beyblades WERE NOT $8 :/

so after so much beyblade-ness going around, i finally exploded and decided to dedicate a post to beyblades~
yey. :B
(and also becuase i haven't posted anything ina while so i thought my blog would feel lonely)

i remember the first time i bought a beyblade (er, the only time i bought a beyblade)
i was probably 7 or something and horribly obsessed with stereotypical shounen anime like Yu-gi-oh, Dragonball Z (the catalyst for my muscle-phobia), Metabots (awesomest show ever :D), Cardcaptor Sakura (shut up, it's good D<), and BEYBLADES
and then later on during the course of my life i started watching that shooting marble thing anime and Bakugan. but that's a different story.
so anyways,
i was all happeh and my beyblade was blue with a little white tiger sticker on it (i think i got Ray's beyblade) and it looked all cool and cheap and ghetto and plastic-y and bootleg but that's okay :D
so i got home and 'let it rip' in my toy wok (oh god how asian can i get? D:) and felt extremely disapointed after discovering it wouldn't actually spin continously for a couple hours like it did in the anime :/ i also found out beyblades can't really move on their own either
so i was sad.
even more so than when i saw people playing yu-gi-oh in real life for the first time and that it really wasn't as epic as i thought it would be
but now i think that i probably should've kept the 'obelisk the tormentor' i got with my shounen jump and sold it off at pac mall or something :/

now that i think about it, i don't know where my beyblade went.
and i also do not know where my toy wok is either :/
and after watching toy story 3 i have become deathly afraid that if i do not play with my toys they will become emo angsty angry evil homicidal maniacs.
oh snap.
actually i think i donated all my toys to charity.
so i guess my toys are either happy, or pissed :/
damn you pixar. scaring the shit out of me D:

well anyways,
if anyone stalking my blog feels like giving me a present
get me a beyblade :D
and if possible,
one that is as epic as the ones on TV
and i will be happy for the rest of my life :D

2 comments:

  1. CCS counts as shounen?

    I honestly doubt you were seven. You were still okay with yu-gi-oh when we still lived near each other and that was like...10 or something? [at least...]

    and I'd get you a beyblade, except that there isn't one that exists as the epic ones on TV, and I don't know how long you'd use it before you forgot about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm
    i know other guys that used to watch it? xD
    not really. it's magical shoujo. :/

    no i was seven when i bought the beyblade D:
    and i wasn't HEAVILY obessesed when i met you. just slightly.

    yey :D
    i love you.
    even if the beyblade isn't epic.
    i'd use it a couple times
    cry over how lame it is
    and stick it on my bookshelf
    :]

    actually i don't have my toy wok anymore so... where am i going to use it?

    ReplyDelete